West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa Benefits, Eligibility, Application Form
Rupashree Prakalpa is aimed at mitigating the difficulties that poor families face in bearing the expenditure of their daughters’ marriages, for which they often have to borrow money at very high interest rates.
In the State Budget for the financial year, 2018-19 tabled on 31st January 2018, the Hon’ble Finance Minister, Government of West Bengal, announced a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 for economically stressed families at the time of their adult daughters’
Rupashree Prakalpa will come into effect on 01 April 2018 and will be applicable for all marriages effect from 01 April 2018. The scheme will be implemented in all districts of West Bengal.
Eligibility Criteria for Rupashree Prakalpa
Rupashree Prakalpa shall apply to any woman who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the following criteria:
- The applicant has attained the age of 18 years
- She is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- She was born in West Bengal or she has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years or her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income is not greater than Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
- She has an active bank account for which she is the sole account-holder. The bank account must be in a bank that has an IFS Code and a MICR code and transacts e-payments through NEFT.
How to Apply for Rupashree Prakalpa
The Scheme’s Application form will be available free-of-cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in the Municipal area.
- Office of the Municipal Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Municipal Corporation area.
Documents Required for Rupashree Prakalpa
The following documents/certifications must be submitted along with the application form:
- Proof of applicant’s age: Self-attested photocopy of any one of the following, Birth
Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate.
- Never-married Status: Self-declaration.
Family income: Self-declaration
Proof of Residence: Self-Declaration
Bank Account: Self-attested photocopy of the page of bank book which provides complete details of the account holder’s name, account no., bank address, IFS Code and MICR No. and other details
Proof of proposed marriage: Any one of the following: Marriage Invitation Card / Notice for Registration of Marriage/ Self Declaration.
Proof of prospective groom’s age: Photocopy of any one of the following, Birth Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card / Government recognized School Leaving Certificate
- Coloured passport size photographs of the applicant and the prospective groom.
The completed Application Form, along with all other necessary documents and certifications must be submitted to the Office of the Block Development Officer, Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer or Office of the Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation under which the applicant’s residence is located and must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of the proposed marriage.
The scheme’s financial benefit will be paid by direct bank transfer to a bank account held single in the name of the applicant. Applicants can download the application form and detailed documentation from the link below.