About WBIDC West Bengal (West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation)
WBIDC West Bengal (West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation) was established in 1967 under the Companies Act, is the premier nodal agency of West Bengal’s Commerce and Industries Department. WBIDC is responsible for conceptualizing, development, growth and facilitation of industry, investment and infrastructure in West Bengal. Over the years the corporation is actively engaged in catalyzing investment through promotion and marketing of West Bengal as an investment destination.
WBIDC also ensures the overall socio-economic development of the state on a sustainable basis through different participatory and need-based initiatives. As a part of the Corporate Social Responsibility WBIDC has developed appropriate Resettlement and Rehabilitation Package through a process of consultation with the stake holders which has been very well appreciated in the areas where the recent projects have been launched. WBIDC not only organizes avenues of livelihood for project affected persons but also develop social infrastructure in the neighborhood of the project areas. WBIDC also makes regular interaction with various Chambers of Commerce at national and international level to promote different activities.
Responsibilities of WBIDC West Bengal (West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation)
- To secure and assist in the expeditious and orderly establishment, growth and development of industries in the state of West Bengal.
- Promotion of Joint Sector and assisted sector units in important industry segments.
- Financing medium and large scale industries through various loan schemes.
- Developments of business, trade and industrial links with domestic as well as foreign institutions and companies.
- Conceptualization of new projects as well as assistance to entrepreneurs towards implementation and follow-up.
- Disbursing Financial Incentives to medium and large scale industries under different State Incentive schemes as a nodal agency of the State Government.
- Promoting/Facilitating the Development and Management of Industrial Infrastructure such as industry specific parks with state of the art infrastructure.
- Facilitating investment proposals through single-window agency or State Investment Facilitation Centre (SIFC).
- Dissemination of information related to prospects of industries in the State.
Objectives of WBIDC West Bengal (West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, WBIDC West Bengal operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for WBIDC West Bengal (West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation)
West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation
Address: 23, Shakespeare Sarani Road, Kankaria Estates, Elgin, Kankaria Estates, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal-700017.
Phone No: 033-22553700
Fax No: 033-22553737
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org