Unique Disability ID Card Benefits, Details & Application for UDID Card
Unique Disability ID Card is a “Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities” project is being implemented with a view of creating a National Database for PwDs, and to issue a Unique Disability Identity Card to each person with disabilities.
Unique Disability ID Card project will not only encourage transparency, efficiency and ease of delivering the government benefits to the person with disabilities, but also ensure uniformity. The project will also help in stream-lining the tracking of physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of hierarchy of implementation.
Benefits of Unique Disability ID Card
UDID card shall bring a host of benefits to the Persons with Disabilities as given below:
- Persons with disabilities will not need to make multiple copies of documents, maintain, and carry multiple documents as the card will capture all the necessary details which can be decoded with the help of a reader
- UDID card will be the single document of identification, verification of the disabled for availing various benefits in future
- UDID Card will also help in stream-lining the tracking of the physical and financial progress of beneficiary at all levels of hierarchy of implementation – from village level, block level, District level , State level and National level
Aims of Unique Disability ID Card
UDID project initiated by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities aims at building a holistic end-to-end integrated system for Issuance of Universal ID & Disability Certificates for Person with Disabilities with their identification and disability details. It includes –
- Online availability of data of Person with Disabilities across country through a centralized web application
- Online filing and submission of registration application form for disability certificate/ Universal ID card; Offline applications may also be accepted and subsequently digitized by agencies
- Quick Assessment process for calculating the percentage of disability by the hospitals/ Medical Board
- Non-duplication of PwDs data
- Online renewal and update of information by Person with Disabilities/ on their behalf
- MIS reporting framework
- Effective management including interoperability of the benefits / schemes launched by the Government for PwD
- To take care of additional disabilities in future. Number of disabilities at the moment is seven and shall be subject to increase as per the new Act/ notification which can be up to 19 or more.
Objectives of Unique Disability ID Card
Objective of this project is to enable the PwDs to obtain the new UDID card / Disability Certificate to avail schemes and benefits provided by the Government through its various Ministries and their Departments. This card will be valid pan-India. UDID portal is designed to provide an online platform for the following:
- Apply for Disability Certificate & UDID Card
- Apply for Disability Certificate & UDID Card Renewal
- Apply for Lost UDID Card
- Track Application Status
- Download e-Disability Card & e-UDID Card
- Update Personal Profile
In addition to the above, the UDID Portal also provide information on the various schemes/benefits, procedures to apply for Disability Certificate/UDID Card, Success Stories, Suggestions/Feedback, Manuals etc.
Procedure and guidelines to apply for UDID can be via online, camps and through CMO offices. For more information please visit the official website of Unique Disability ID – http://www.swavlambancard.gov.in/.