About RRDA Ranchi (Ranchi Regional Development Authority)
RRDA Ranchi (Ranchi Regional Development Authority) previously Ranchi Improvement Trust (RIT) was established in 1976, for consolidated and balanced development of Ranchi within its controlled area as per the Master Plan. To control the haphazard and dangerous trend of urbanization and planned way for construction of Building as per the Town Planning Standards is the primary duty of the Authority. To provide Physical and social amenities to the citizen within the controlled area is also the duty of the Authority viz. road, drains, water-supply, electric supply, transport, health, education, community development, stadium, park, playground, theatre, etc. Demolition of unauthorized construction and encroachment is also the responsibility of the Authority for balanced urban life.
Total area of the RRDA is 6, 12,149 Hectare. Out of this, Urban area is 15,914 Hectare and Rural Area is 5, 96,426 Hectare. The area consists of 4 Circles and 129 villages of Ranchi district and 3 Circles of Lohardaga district. The controlled area of the Authority is spread over 39,519.37 Hectare. It includes 3 Circles and 129 villages of Ranchi District.
First Master Plan of Ranchi was prepared in the year 1965. This was revised in the year 1972. Presently RRDA is working with the Master Plan revised in the year 1983. The total area demarcated is 9050 Hectare. This includes 73 villages and 5 urban areas, Ranchi, Doranda, Namkom, Kanke and Jagannathpur, which forms the part of Greater Ranchi. The land use of the Master Plan area is divided into 16 parts, viz. residential, commercial, educational and industrial, agriculture and open space along with road, railway, hospital, forest land etc. Revised Patna Planning Standards and Building Bye laws prevailing in Patna Regional Development Authority was adopted by the Authority w.e.f. 1st June, 1996.
After formation of separate Jharkhand State, Ranchi has been made as its Capital. RRDA formulated its own Ranchi Planning and Building Bye laws and it came into force from 1st June, 2002. After the formation of the State of Jharkhand the duties and responsibilities of the Authority has increased.
Objectives of RRDA Ranchi (Ranchi Regional Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, RRDA Ranchi operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.