About RHB Alwar (Rajasthan Housing Board)
RHB Alwar (Rajasthan Housing Board) was established on 24th February 1970 by promulgation of an RHB Act No. 4, of 1970 (received the assent of The Governor on the 18th day of April, 1970) by the Government of Rajasthan as an autonomous body to provide for measures to be taken to deal with & satisfy the need of Housing accommodation in State of Rajasthan. The Board consists of a chairman, appointed by The State Government and of six non official members, nominated by The Government and official Members-Principal Secretary to Government (UDH), Secretary to Government (Finance), Chief Town Planner, Rajasthan and the Housing Commissioner of the Board.
Objectives of RHB Alwar (Rajasthan Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, RHB Alwar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.