About RDA Rourkela (Rourkela Development Authority)
RDA Rourkela (Rourkela Development Authority) was created by the Government of Orissa in the year 1995 under the Orissa Development Authorities Act 1982 covering the areas of Rourkela civil township, Rourkela Industrial Complex, Rajgangpur, Birmitrapur Sundargarh area under the jurisdiction of RDA, Rourkela with the objective to take up planned and systematic development of Rourkela Development Plan Area.
Since its inception, RDA has been taking up all out efforts to make the City one of the leading cities of the country. Taking forward this endeavor, the Town & Country Planning Organization, New Delhi was entrusted with the responsibilities of preparing the Comprehensive Development Plan of the Rourkela Development Plan Area.
Objectives of RDA Rourkela (Rourkela Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, RDA Rourkela operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.