Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Guidelines for Opening Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra For Mobile Jan Aushadhi Medical Store Scheme
The branded (Generic) medicines are sold at significantly higher prices than their unbranded generic equivalents, though are identical in the therapeutic value. Given the widespread poverty across the country, making available reasonably priced quality generic medicines in the market would benefit everyone. With this objective, the Pharma Advisory Forum in its meeting held on 23 rd April, 2008, decided to launch the Jan Aushadhi Campaign – starting with the sale of generic medicines through dedicated sales outlets called JAN AUSHADHI KENDRA (JAK) in various districts of the country. It is proposed that at least one JAK will be opened in each of the 630 districts of the country to be extended to sub-divisional levels as well as major towns and village centers. First Jan Aushadhi store was opened in 2010 and more than 111 stores are functional spread over 19 states and UT’s.
Objectives of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra – Mobile Jan Aushadhi Medical Store
- To ensure the availability of medicines at the doorstep of end consumer
- To improve the viability of Jan Aushadhi Store.
Eligibility Criteria to start Mobile Jan Aushadhi Medical Store (JAMS)
- NGOs/Trusts Charitable Society/Institution /Self-help Group having sufficient experience of successful operation in welfare activities
- Any Govt undertaking/PSU
- Corporate houses
- Leading National NGO/Organizations
Operating Terms and Conditions for Mobile Jan Aushadhi Mobile Store (JAMS)
- Applicant will enter into agreement as specified before commencing operations of “Jan Aushadhi Store”. All operations of Jan Aushadhi Store will be conducted as per agreement terms and conditions.
- Applicant will use the Mobile Van solely for the purpose for which it has been approved and shall not be used for any other purpose and shall not part with the premises, sub-let the premises to anyone directly or indirectly.
- Applicant will obtain all required licenses including drug license to run JAS & drug license under the name of MOBILE JAN AUSHADHI MEDICAL STORE.
- Applicant will take all necessary approvals from local bodies/departments for running, parking etc. and BPPI in no way responsible for same.
- JAMS will be operated as per Drug and Cosmetic act by operating agency and applicant will be responsible to follow all the guidelines
- The operating agency will recruit the required staff including pharmacist for running the store as per the requirement at their own cost.
- All billings should be done using software provided by BPPI. No medicine shall be sold in JAS without using the software provided by BPPI.
- As on now around 425 medicines are available under the scheme and will be increased in phases. In addition, surgical and consumables as per requirement would also be supplied. In addition JAS operators will be allowed to sell allied medical products, commonly sold in chemist shops.
- All products to will be supplied from authorized distributors of BPPI with 30 days credit.
- BPPI’s Distributor will take back Expiry/Breakage to the maximum extent or upto 2% of the total purchase value of JAS.
- Applicant will be allowed to run/operate in pre-defined area/route as per agreement in writing. They will not be allowed to change/deviate from same without written permission from BPPI.