About OIDC Daman Diu (Omnibus Industrial Development Corporation)
OIDC Daman Diu (Omnibus Industrial Development Corporation) was incorporated on 27th March, 1992 under the Companies Act 1956 with authorized share capital of Rs. 5.00 crore and paid up share capital Rs. 1.00 crore. Now the authorized share capital is Rs. 50.00 crore and paid up share capital is Rs. 26.06 crore. All the shares are in the name of the President of India or held by the officers of UT Administration on behalf of the President of India.
The OIDC has emerged as a truly Omnibus Corporation carrying out multifarious activities of Development, Maintaining Industrial Estates, accelerating the economic development of both the UTs in the spheres including Industrial, Tourism, Housing and other Allied activities. Recently a Transport division has been set up. City Bus Service by the name “Saarthi Bus Sewa” in Daman, Diu & Dadra and Nagar Haveli has been started to provide better transportation facilities to the public of both the territories. In addition to overall development, the corporation under Corporate Social Responsibilities is committed to bridge the heartfelt needs in the social sector too.
Objectives of OIDC Daman Diu (Omnibus Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, OIDC Daman Diu operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.