Modinagar Master Plan 2021 has been created for Modinagar City. Modinagar is a city and a municipal board in Ghaziabad district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is approximately 45 kilometers north-east of New Delhi. It is approximately equally distant from Meerut and Ghaziabad because this city is situated at mid-way on Ghaziabad Meerut National Highway No.58. According to 2011 Indian Census, Modinagar had a population of 1,82,811 out of which males were 97,335 and females were 85,476.
It is best known as the home of Modi Mills. In recent years, Modinagar has been developed as an educational hub as many new institutions are being established in and around the city due to its location in National Capital Region. The latitude of Modinagar is 28.838299 and the longitude is 77.581055. It is located between the 28° 50′ 17.8764” N and 77° 34′ 51.7980” E. Modinagar lies on the Delhi-Mussoorie National Highway (NH-58). Parallel to this road runs the Delhi–Saharanpur section of the Northern Railway. A metalled road, going to Hapur, originates from the city. Modinagar railway station is in between Meerut and Ghaziabad stations. Most of the major express trains as well as all general passenger trains from Delhi to Meerut-Haridwar-Dehradun route stop at this railway station.
Vision Modinagar Master Plan 2021
The objective of the Modinagar Master Plan 2021 is to create enabling spatial and land use planning framework to achieve the Vision of Modinagar Master Plan 2021. The future growth and development of the urban centers is defined by the Master Plan/Development Plans which are evolved for each settlement at individual level. Modinagar Master Plan has been considered as one of the most effective mechanism to promote planned growth of the urban centers. It lays down the road map, agenda and framework within which the city growth is envisioned. It provides a tool for the authorities to take decision with regard to current and future development related issues.
Modinagar Master Plan 2021 provides the framework for rationalizing the orderly movement of traffic and transportation within the city and defines the area for laying down network of various services. The plan is used for promoting integrated development of the urban centre by rationalizing its pattern of land use and their inter-relationship. It also defines the strategies and solutions for overcoming the existing problems of the urban centers and to overcome its infrastructural and service related inadequacies. In addition, it provides options for accommodating the future addition to population which is likely to come to the urban centre due to natural growth and migration. Master Plan acts as a tool for determining the infrastructure cost which would be required to make the city sustainable. The plans offer futuristic solutions by laying down agenda for its growth and development.
Objectives of Modinagar Master Plan 2021
More specifically following are the objectives:
- To make Modinagar city as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To make land allocation in an environmentally benign fashion.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities.
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for petroleum, chemical & petrochemical investment region and agro based industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the city.
- To identify man-made and natural heritage and to make heritage conservation as integral part of the city planning and development process.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.