About MMRDA Mumbai (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
MMRDA Mumbai (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) was established in accordance with the Mumbai Metropolitan Development Act, 1974, on 26th January, 1975. Since its inception, MMRDA is engaged in long term planning, promotion of new growth centers, implementation of strategic projects and financing infrastructure development. The Regional Plan provides for a strategic frame work of MMR’s sustainable growth. The object behind establishing MMRDA was to make MMR a destination for economic activity by promoting infrastructure development and improving the quality of life. The MMRDA prepares plans, formulates policies and programs, implements projects and helps in directing investments in the Region. In particular, it conceives, promotes and monitors the key projects for developing new growth centres and brings about improvement in sectors like transport, housing, water supply and environment in the Region.
Responsibilities of MMRDA Mumbai (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
- Preparation of Regional Development Plans
- Providing financial assistance for significant regional projects
- Providing help to local authorities and their infrastructure projects
- Coordinating execution of projects and/or schemes in MMR
- Restricting any activity that could adversely affect appropriate development of MMR, etc.
Objectives of MMRDA Mumbai (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MMRDA Mumbai operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for MMRDA Mumbai (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority)
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority
Address: BANDRA-KURLA COMPLEX, MMRDA OFFICE BUILDING, BANDRA-KURLA COMPLEX, C-14 & 15, E BLOCK BANDRA (EAST), Mumbai, Maharashtra-400051.
Phone No: 022-26590001
Fax No: 022-26591264