About MHADA Mumbai (Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)
MHADA Mumbai (Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority) has been established under the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Act, 1976. It came into existence on 5th December 1977. The erstwhile Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board was restructured by a Government Resolution dated 5.11.1992 and split into three separate Boards viz. Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board, Mumbai Building Repairs and Reconstruction Board and Mumbai Slum Improvement Board.
At present MHADA is coordinating and controlling the activities of seven regional housing boards, setup for each revenue division in the state viz. Mumbai, Konkan, Pune, Nasik, Nagpur, Amravati, Aurangabad and two special purpose boards viz. Mumbai Building Repairs and Reconstruction Board and Mumbai Slum Improvement Board.
Objectives of MHADA Mumbai (Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MHADA Mumbai operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for MHADA Mumbai (Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority)
Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority
Address: Grihanirman Bhavan, Kalanagar, Bandra (East), Mumbai, Maharashtra-400051.
Phone Number: 09869988000
Fax Number: 022-26592058
Email Address: email@example.com