Meerut Master Plan 2021 has been created for Meerut City. Meerut is a city located in Meerut District in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is situated 70 km from Delhi and 453 km (281 mi) northwest of the state capital Lucknow. The city lies south of the cantonment, and owes its modern importance to its selection by the British government as the site of a great military station. Meerut district is the part of upper Ganga-Yamuna Doaba, which lies between 280 47′ and 290 18′ north latitudes and between 770 7′ and 780 7′ east longitudes.
On the north it is bounded by Muzaffarnagar district; in the south by Bulandshahar district while Ghaziabad and Baghpat districts form the southern and western limits. Ganga River makes its boundary in the east direction a separates it from the districts of Moradabad and Bijnor. Hindon River makes its western Boundary in the west and separates it from the Baghpat district. According to the 2011 census, Meerut had a population of 3,443,689.
Vision Meerut Master Plan 2021
To Develop an Economically Strong, Socially Fair and Environmentally Sustainable City through Participatory Planning and Transparent, Accountable and Flexible Institutional Framework is the Vision of Meerut Master Plan 2021.
Objectives Of Meerut Master Plan 2021
- Upgradation of Kutcha Road to Bituminous Road.
- Widening & Strengthening of other Roads.
- Construction of New Abattoir out side municipal limits.
- Improvement of critical traffic intersections.
- Up gradation of public facilities on existing bus terminals.
- Construction of Multi Level Parking Lots.
- Construction of New Flyover.
- Augmenting the present UG sources of water and identifying sources of surface water.
- Strengthening of existing piping and distribution system.
- Laying of new systems of distribution to fulfill the stated objectives.
- Increasing the share of surface water sources by 50%.
- Zoning of the city based on natural features so as to increase efficiency in networking and disposal.
- Renovation and strengthening of existing network.
- Provision of Sewage treatment Plants on zonal basis.
- Complete segregation of sewerage and drainage networks.
Storm Water Drainage Under Meerut Master Plan 2021
- Strengthening of the nalas in the city to cater to and act as a drainage system.
- Segregation of Industrial effluent and storm water.
- Water recharging through SW Drainage system.
- Restoration of city’s natural drainage systems.
Solid waste management
- To consolidate and improve the collection system from weekly to daily basis.
- Segregation of municipal and bio-waste.
- To achieve segregation and maximize reuse, recovery and recycling of solid waste.
- Improving and strengthening existing road system.
- Ensuring increase of passenger traffic in share of public transport system.