About Muzaffarnagar Development Authority (MDA Muzaffarnagar)
Muzaffarnagar Development Authority (MDA Muzaffarnagar) was set-up under U.P. Urban Planning and Development Act, 1973 on 21st November, 1996 vide Government notifications No. 4521/9-Avas-5-96/Gathan 96 & 4518/9-Aa-5 96-Gathan/96. The Authority includes urban area of Nagarpalika Parishad, Muzaffarnagar and adjoining 17 villages. It also includes urban areas of Shamli, Khatauli, Kandhla, Kairana Nagarpalika Parishads & Nagar Panchayat Budhana & Shukratal & rural areas upto one km.
Objectives of Muzaffarnagar Development Authority (MDA Muzaffarnagar)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MDA Muzaffarnagar has an operational framework. As apart of this framework the area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.