About MDA Moradabad (Moradabad Development Authority)
MDA Moradabad (Moradabad Development Authority) was established in 29th March 1981 under the Uttar Pradesh Urban Planning & Development Act 1973, MDA has progressed from small beginnings to embrace an overreaching authority in the development scenario of Moradabad. In consonance with the aspirations of modern India, MDA aims at coordinated and planned development of a historical city: to enable Moradabad has played a very important role in the Freedom Struggle, to extend urban infrastructure to absorb the pressures of a rapidly changing society, and to provide an environment which would enable the utmost satisfaction level of all sections of its inhabitants.
MDA has completed many development works in Moradabad city. To fulfill its role, the Authority seeks to coordinate in accordance with a comprehensive Master Plan along with the work of various other agencies involved in the creation and extension of urban infrastructure. Incorporated under the Uttar Pradesh Urban Planning and Development 1973, the Moradabad Development Authority employs best of experts from various fields of architecture, engineering, planning.
The Master Plan 2021 of the Moradabad has been designed by the Development Authority keeping in mind the ever growing population, latest trends, financial development and the rise in the tourism sector but the perseverance of old architecture and conservation of cultural heritage of the city has been given the almost importance.
Objectives of MDA Moradabad (Moradabad Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MDA Moradabad operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.