About MDA Meerut (Meerut Development Authority)
MDA Meerut (Meerut Development Authority) was constituted by the Government Order No. 6218 / 37-4D / 72, Lucknow dated 03rd November 1976. Regarding the land taken on the lease of land, under the borders of the Municipal Corporation, Meerut and outside the municipal limits, the area which falls under the perimeter of the km, the order number 1705/37/2-DA-72 dated June 10, 1976, Meerut Development has been declared as a regulated area.
The aims and objectives of MDA Meerut are far reaching both in their short term and long term planning. The MDA plans to reduce population congestion is primary objective. A plan to have restricted individuals per hectare has been proposed. With the purpose of limiting the population of Union Territory of Delhi and maintain a steady pace of development, national capital region has been conceptualized with parts of Haryana, Rajasthan and U.P. with Delhi being at the centre.
Objectives of MDA Meerut (Meerut Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, MDA Meerut operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.