About KSHB Kerala (Kerala State Housing Board)
KSHB Kerala (Kerala State Housing Board) was established on 1971 to provide for the organized direction and planning in the preparation and execution of housing and improvement schemes in the State. The primary objective of the Board is to formulate and implement various housing construction schemes as well as housing loan schemes for catering the housing needs of public belonging to various income groups’ viz. economically weaker sections, low income group, middle income group and higher income group. In addition to this, general improvement schemes (like commercial cum office complex), government directed schemes (like Rental Housing Schemes, slum improvement schemes, housing complexes for EWS, Rehabilitation Housing Scheme, Revenue Towers etc.) And deposit work (i.e. Taking construction of work of other agencies) also forms part of the activities of the Board.
Objectives of KSHB Kerala (Kerala State Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, KSHB Kerala operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.