About KNDA Kalinga Nagar (Kalinga Nagar Development Authority)
KNDA Kalinga Nagar (Kalinga Nagar Development Authority) comprises of 161 revenue villages and spreads over 458.78 square kilometers and is located in Jajpur District. Kalinga Nagar Development Authority (KNDA) decided to prepare the Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) in pursuance to the provision of section 9 of the ODA act 1982 for its area under jurisdiction by taking input from remote sensing data and by applying GIS technology.
In this regard, KNDA has selected and awarded Rolta India Limited to prepare the CDP. The agreement, in this connection was signed on December, 14th 2009.The main focus of this exercise is to transform KNDA a world class sustainable city with beater quality of life which has potential to come up as a major industrial hub in the state.
Objectives of KNDA Kalinga Nagar (Kalinga Nagar Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, KNDA Kalinga Nagar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.