About JSHB Gumia (Jharkhand State Housing Board)
JSHB Gumia (Jharkhand State Housing Board) is a nodal agency responsible for the development of Gumia Region. Gumia is a census town in Gumia block in Bermo subdivision of Bokaro district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Gumia took shape around the year 1956, when the Imperial Chemical Industries set up a commercial explosives factory there.
It was developed together a residential colony to house the 3500 employees that would work in the factory. Since then, Gomia has been known as an example of diversity – with people of different nationalities, cultures and religious beliefs coming together to write a new chapter in the history of the then Hazaribagh district. Since the late 1950s, it has switched districts twice, first becoming a part of Giridih and then becoming a part of Bokaro district.
Objectives of JSHB Gumia (Jharkhand State Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, JSHB Gumia operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.