About JDA Jabalpur (Jabalpur Development Authority)
JDA Jabalpur (Jabalpur Development Authority) was established and incorporated on 11th January 1980 with an aim of well planned and balanced development of Jabalpur city. The authority is structured under the town and country planning act 1973 of MP State Govt. and it works under the administration of Housing and Development Ministry of MP Govt. The symbol of urbanization, which is directly perceived by common people, is “the development of land in an organized manner”. The common people do the investment in this activity. JDA provides a platform for people to participate in the development. JDA sells the plots in the scheme.
JDA provides the land at reasonable prices. And it is generally safe measure to invest in the land in an authorized colony. These colonies are well planned, and well furnished with all the facilities and utilities. The function of JDA is to control and regulate the development. If the private developers make plans for any institutional, residential or any other area, then they are required to be approved by JDA. If the plan does not meet the requirement of existing proposal of the master plan then it is not given the approval. In case if the matter is not solved by the JDA then it goes to the TCPO.
Objectives of JDA Jabalpur (Jabalpur Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, JDA Jabalpur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.