Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, the Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana, laid the foundation stone for Jai Jawan Awas Yojna Bahadurgarh on the 03-June-2016. General Dalbir Singh, Chief of Army Staff was the Guest of Honour for this event. Lieutenant General KJ Singh, Western Army Commander, was also present apart from large number of Veterans & Veer Naaris. This scheme is being constructed as Rajiv Vihar Residential Complex by AWHO in Bahadurgarh. Snippets from the bhoomi pujan ceremony are given below.
Some key highlights about Jai Jawan Awas Yojna Bahadurgarh
- The Jai Jawan Awas Yojna is being executed by Army Welfare Housing Organization (AWHO).
- It aims to provide affordable housing to serving and retired JCOs and Other Ranks.
- Jai Jawan Awas Yojna Bahadurgarh has been dedicated to the memory of Late Major Rajiv Joon, recipient of Ashok Chakra and Shaurya Chakra. Major Joon had attained martyrdom fighting militants in Anantnag district of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Gen Dalbir Singh announced that the residential project at Bahadurgarh would be pitched at a very low cost for the benefit of JCOs and Other Ranks.
- Honorable CM Shri Manohar Lal Khattar has granted dispensation in construction which permitted construction of about 500 dwelling units instead of 400 planned earlier.
As per General Dalbir Singh a similar dwelling project was being planned at the city of Karnal. The land for which has been promised by the Chief Minister of Haryana. Alongwith this, the COAS stated that Army had planned setting up an education complex and the Haryana Government was allocating land at Sonepat for the same.
Honorable CM, Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, added that over 3000 Ex Servicemen will be inducted into Haryana Police. In addition, he also specified that a Sainik School was also being raised at Matanhail, apart from other schemes and welfare projects by the government.
Numerous stalls were put up to cater to the requirements of ‘Veer Senanis’ in this event. This included a Joint Forum of Indian Army and Civil Agencies to address important issues related to the veterans. The forum focused on Skill Development, Indian Army Veterans Self Help Counter, Zila Sainik Board and Army Welfare Placement Organisation. A medical camp was also organized as part of the event with various Medical specialists in attendance. The Jai Jawan Awas Yojna Bahadurgarh event was highly successful and was attended by more than 3000 ex servicemen and Veer Naris.