About HUDA Hassan (Hassan Urban Development Authority)
HUDA Hassan (Hassan Urban Development Authority) has the onus of developing the city of Hassan in a manner which preserves its diverse heritage and culture, to carry the specific ecology features and to provide the city World class infrastructure Hassan remains a centre of Tourism, Education and Industries. The HUDA came into existence from 15-06-1988 by the government order under the Act of Karnataka Urban Development Act -1987. This authority combined in itself the planning functions of the city, planning authority and the developmental functions. Since inception, HUDA has allotted 2388 sites to the individuals for construction of residential dwellings. In addition, more than 50 Civic Amenity sites have been given for use by various public utilities, as also organizations, catering to the felt needs of the locality.
Vision of HUDA Hassan (Hassan Urban Development Authority)
- To plan, regulate, control, monitor and facilitate urban development in Hassan.
- To ensure local planning area sustainable and orderly growth.
- To transform Hassan Urban area with high quality infrastructure, by visionary planning approach for better quality of life by ensuring sustainable and planned development by facilitating participatory and innovative approach through effective monitoring and regulation.
Objectives of HUDA Hassan (Hassan Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, HUDA Hassan operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.