About GUDA Gulbarga (Gulbarga Urban Development Authority)
GUDA Gulbarga (Gulbarga Urban Development Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Gulbarga Region. Gulbarga, officially known as Kalaburagi, is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the administrative headquarters of the Gulbarga District and a major city of the North Karnataka region. Previously it was the part of Hyderabad State; it was incorporated into a newly formed Mysore State (now known as Karnataka) through the States Reorganization Act in 1956.
The present Gulbarga/Gulbarga district came partly under Bidar and partly under Bijapur. In the early part of the 18th century, with the decline of the Mughal Empire, one of Aurangzeb’s generals formed the Hyderabad State, in which a major part of the Gulbarga area was also included. In 1948, Hyderabad State became a part of the Indian Union, and in 1956, excluding two talukas which were annexed to Andhra Pradesh; Gulbarga district became part of new Mysore State.
Objectives of GUDA Gulbarga (Gulbarga Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GUDA Gulbarga operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.