About GIDC Goa (Goa Industrial Development Corporation)
GIDC Goa (Goa Industrial Development Corporation) was established by the Government of Goa in February 1966 under the provisions of Goa Industrial Development Act, 1965 with the aims and objectives of securing and assisting in the rapid and orderly establishment of industries in Industrial Areas and Industrial Estates in Goa. One of the important activities of the Corporation is setting up of Industrial Estates and offer developed plots to industrial units. In pursuance of the above objectives, the GIDC has so far established twenty Industrial Estates in Goa, Daman and Diu, viz Corlim, Margao, Sancoale, Daman, Mapusa, Tivim, Bicholim, Kakoda, Honda, Bethora, Canacona, Kundaim, Diu, Tuem, Verna, Cuncolim, Pilerne, Marcaim, Pissurlem and Colvale. It was earlier known as Goa Daman and Diu Industrial Development Corporation (GDDIDC).
Objectives of GIDC Goa (Goa Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, GIDC Goa operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.