Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana & Lucky Grahak Scheme Details, Eligibility Criteria
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana & Lucky Grahak Scheme is primarily meant to reward those Consumers and Merchants who are using / have used digital transaction modes to pay for their personal expenditures after November 8th 2016. To ensure that the focus of the scheme is on small transactions (those which are entered into by common people), the incentives shall be restricted to those transactions which are within the range of Rs 50 and Rs 3000.
Only transactions between Consumers and Merchants/ Governments shall be in the zone of consideration under this incentive scheme. The only exception to this condition shall be transactions undertaken via AEPS wherein cash withdrawals will also be considered.
There shall be three categories of incentives as per details outlined there under:
- Daily and weekly rewards for Consumers (Lucky Grahak Yojana);
- Weekly Cash Prizes for Merchants (Digi-dhan Vyapar Yojana); and
- Mega Draw on 14th of April, 2017
Lucky Grahak Yojana
- Daily reward of Rs 1000 to be given to 15,000 lucky Consumers for a period of 110 days; chosen through random, digital means under 4 categories:
|Category||No of Prizes||Value (in Rscr)|
- Weekly prizes worth Rs 1 Lakh, Rs 10,000 and Rs. 5000 for Consumers who use the alternate modes of digital Payments (Viz. RuPay Cards, USSD, UPI and AEPS)
- 3 Mega Prizes worth Rs 1 cr, 50 Lakh, 25 Lakh for digitals transactions between 8th November, 2016 to 13th April, 2017 to be announced on 14th April, 2017.
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- Prizes for digital transactions conducted at Merchant establishments
- Weekly prizes worth Rs. 50,000, Rs 5,000 and Rs. 2,500 for Merchants
- 3 Mega Prizes worth Rs50 Lakhs, 25 Lakh, 12 Lakh for digital transactions between 8th November, 2016 to 13th April, 2017 to be announced on 14th
Eligibility for Digi Dhan & Lucky Grahak Yojana
- Only Individual payers (consumer) & merchants will be considered eligible for the scheme.
- No individual will be given more than 3 awards across categories.
- Only successful digital financial transactions will be considered (involving transfer of money; excludes non-financial transactions such as cash withdrawals (except in AEPS), balance check, changing PIN, account opening etc.)
- Winner will be notified via SMS and/ email to mobile no. and/ email address linked to the bank account.
- Bank account linked Digital payment channel viz. Card Swipe at Point of Sale channel (RuPay card being India’s own domestic card scheme), Mobile (Unified Payments Interface – UPI for smartphone & USSD for feature phone) & Aadhar (AEPS based merchant payments/ remittance) will be considered.
- Credit cards spend either at Consumer end or at Merchant end will not be covered under the program.
- Financial transactions for Rs. 50 and above but not exceeding Rs. 3000 will be eligible for the draw. Split transactions, i.e. one transaction of above the prescribed limit split into multiple bills, will not be eligible. Further Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Government (B2G) and vice versa will not be covered under the program, but P2M (Person to Merchant, P2G (Person to Govt.) digital transactions will be eligible.
- Employees of NPCI and NITI Aayog and their immediate family members i.e. spouse, kids and parents will not be eligible to participate in the draw.