Dehri Dalmianagar Master Plan 2030 has been created for Dehri Dalmianagar. Dehri Dalmianagar had a population of 119,057 (Census 2001) with a population density of 70 persons per hectare. Dehri Dalmianagar is a small town in the Rohtas district of Bihar. The town is located on the banks of the River Sone and is the ninth largest town of the state in terms of area and sixteenth in terms of population. The Dehri Dalmianagar Nagar Parishad covers an area of 21.3 sq. km and is divided into 39 wards. The town is well connected by a road network that includes the NH 2, SH-15 and SH-16. The nearest airport is located in Patna at a distance of 157 km.
Dalmianagar used to be a hub for industries related to sugar, vegetable oil, cement, paper, and chemical. Although they are presently non-functional, there is potential for rejuvenating the town’s industrial economy by means of setting up new, relevant industries, such as agro-processing industries on small and medium scale. The city has a regional jewellery market and agricultural mandi which can be developed further. From a tourism point of view, the city also has some places to visit like Old Anicut Dam, Jharkhandi Mandir, Naulakha Mandir and the hydroelectric power plant. Tourist sites around the city would include Rohtas Fort (20 km) and Indirapuram Barrage (5 km). In addition, the city is also a cultural centre of the region.
The competitive advantage of Dehri Dalmianagar lies in its good road and railway connectivity, an agriculture rich hinterland and its being situated between Sarnath and Bodhgaya.
Vision of Dehri Dalmianagar Master Plan 2030
The vision of Dehri Dalmianagar Master Plan 2030 was derived on the basis of the status assessment of the city, stakeholder consultations and focused group discussions. Participatory consultations during the visioning process concluded that there is need to revive growth and improve the overall quality of life of its citizens. The identified Vision of Dehri Dalmianagar Master Plan 2030 is as follows:
“To develop Dehri Dalmianagar as a regional centre of growth by developing industries (revival of defunct industries and establishing new industries), river front development, transportation facilities and tourism facilities that provides quality infrastructure services and facilities, good governance, planned development, clean and green living environment in a sustainable way for a better present and bright future to its people”
The identified vision forms the basis of sector-specific strategies adopted in framing the action plan.
Growth Strategies of Dehri Dalmianagar Master Plan 2030
- To assure adequate and equitable water supply daily and for reasonable length of time.
- To provide citywide coverage of sewerage and sanitation system to make it environmentally safe.
- To establish an effective rainwater collection system thereby reducing mixing of rain and sullage water and reducing the incidence of water logging during monsoons.
- To establish and maintain an effective and sustainable waste management practice in the city.
- To improve the condition of roads and provide adequate, safe and user friendly public transportation in Dehri Dalmianagar.
- Service provision and universal access to all basic urban services at an affordable cost.