CRDA Gearing Up To Provide 35 Smart Facilities In Amaravati Under SCM
Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA) is gearing up to provide smart facilities in Amaravati under the Smart Cities Mission. With the State government providing a matching grant to the Central assistance of Rs 800 crore for Amaravati, Visakhapatnam, Tirupati and Kakinada, the CRDA has decided to hire a project management consultant (PMC) for the purpose.
According to CRDA officials, 35 smart facilities would be provided to help Amaravati become a smart city. “We have invited the Request for Proposal (RFP) for identifying the PMC for design, development, management and implementation of the smart city project. The PMC will work with the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), called Amaravati Smart and Sustainable City Corporation Limited, formed six months ago, to conceptualise and execute about 35 smart projects,” a senior official said.
The proposed 35 projects are categorised into two sections, area-based development and pan-city. There will be 23 pan-city projects and 12 area based development projects. They will be executed across segments like information and communication technology, urban transportation and mobility, micro-climate and tourism, the official added.
While the area based development means upgrading the existing infrastructure through retrofitting, redevelopment and greenfield development, pan-city is where smart solutions are applied to larger parts of the city.
Another CRDA official said the projects would be implemented in a phased manner. These projects will not be taken up immediately. Since Amaravati is still in the making, the proposed smart facilities would be developed over the next three to five years, the official observed, adding that conceptualising smart facilities itself will take a significant amount of time.
Once the consulting firm is hired, we will also have to study the feasibility of the proposed projects besides drafting the plan for development. We might get a clearer picture by the end of 2018. But, once all the facilities are ready, Amaravati will be truly futuristic, the official concluded.
The smart facilities include:
- The categorisation of proposed projects
- Pan-city projects
- Intelligent transport system
- ICT-based projects
- e-Governance and citizen service app-people’s precinct
- Integrated command control centre
- Appliance-level monitoring of power usage
- Smart education
- Smart and integrated healthcare system
- Amaravati citizen card
- Smart poles
- Bus rapid transit system
- Smart bus shelters
- e-Vehicles and charging infrastructure
- Smart parking
- Public bicycle sharing
- Public Spaces
- Roller-skates friendly pathways
- Interactive smart street furniture,
- Solar energy generation and implementation strategy
- Smart municipal solid waste management
- Renewable energy strategy
- A smart gas distribution network
- Information, Education & Communication project
- Area-based development projects
- The personal rapid transit system
- Ferry service across inland canals
- Smart/renewable energy park
- Holistic wellness centre
- Street vending zone
- Floating markets
- Craft bazaar (Delhi Haat model)
- Riverfront tourism
- Dakshinachitra (Chennai model)
- Senior citizen/retirement home
- Amaravati transnational skilling centre
Source Link- http://www.newindianexpress.com/