About BKDA Bulandshahar Khurja (Bulandshahar Khurja Development Authority)
BKDA Bulandshahar Khurja (Bulandshahar Khurja Development Authority) is the nodal development authority for Bulandshahar Khurja. The history of Bulandshahr begins even before 1200 B.C. This region is nearer to the capital of Pandavas – Indraprastha and Hastinapur. After of decline of Hastinapur, Ahar which is situated in the north east of district Bulandshahr became an important place for Pandavas. With passes of time the king Parma made a fort on this part of region and a king named Ahibaran laid the foundation of a tower called Baran (Bulandshahr). Since it was perched on a highland it came to be known as high city which was translated into passion language as Bulandshahr. At present this is called by this name.
The District of Bulandshahr is in Meerut region of Utter Pradesh located between Ganga and Yamuna rivers. This is situated between 28.4 0 south and 28.0 0 north latitude and between 77.0 0 and 78.0 0 longitude. The District is about 84 km in length and 62 km is breadth. The district is 237.44 meters above sea level. The river Ganga is the east separates this District from Moradabad and Badaun district and in the west river Yamuna separates the district from Haryana state and Delhi. In the north of district is Ghaziabad and in south east are the borders of Aligarh district.
Objectives of BKDA Bulandshahar Khurja (Bulandshahar Khurja Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, BKDA Bulandshahar Khurja operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.