Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Details & Benefits, BKKY Eligibility: Odisha
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (BKKY) has been launched to improve access of identified farmer families to quality medical care for treatment of diseases involving hospitalization through an identified network of health care providers.
The scheme shall be implemented through the Director of Agriculture and Food Production, the government of Odisha, who is notified as the State Nodal Agency for this purpose. There shall be a High Power Committee under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary, Odisha, to supervise the implementation of BKKY.
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Beneficiaries
The scheme is intended to benefit Farmers and their families of Odisha. Therefore, tenders are invited to cover an estimated number of 60,00,000 (sixty lakh) Farmer Families of the State – around 25 lakhs under BKKY Stream I and 35 lakhs under BKKY Stream II, depending on the enrolment. This is not an assurance that there will be a minimum of sixty lakh beneficiary families. In addition to the estimated number of beneficiaries as given above, the State Government may add more Beneficiaries to the scheme. The same terms and conditions including Premium shall be applicable to additional beneficiary families.
- The unit of enrolment for BKKY shall be the Farmer Family.
- The size of the enrolled family unit can be up to a unit of five for availing benefit under BKKY.
- A family would comprise the Head of the family, spouse, and up to three dependents.
The Head of the Family shall be a farmer.
- If the spouse of the head of the family is alive and living with the family, the spouse shall
mandatorily be part of the Beneficiary Family Unit.
- If the head of the family is absent at the time of enrolment, the spouse shall be treated as
the head of the family for the purpose of the BKKY.
- The head of the family shall nominate up to but not more than 3 dependents as part of
the Beneficiary Family Unit.
- If the spouse is dead or is not living with the family, the head of the family may nominate a fourth member as a dependant as part of the Beneficiary Family Unit.
Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana Benefits
Benefits within this scheme will be provided in two separate streams called BKKY Stream I and BKKY Stream II. These benefits, to be provided on a cashless basis to the Beneficiaries up to the limit of their annual coverage, package charges on specific procedures and subject to other terms and conditions outlined herein, are the following:
- Under BKKY Stream I: Coverage for meeting expenses of hospitalization for medical
and/or surgical procedures including maternity benefit and newborn care, to the
enrolled families for up to 30,000/- per family per year subject to limits, in any of the
empanelled Health Care Providers across Odisha.
- Coverage for meeting expenses of hospitalization for medical and/or surgical
procedures to the enrolled families for up to 70,000/- per family per year on a floater
basis, subject to limits, in any of the empanelled Critical Care Providers across Odisha
- Those families who are eligible to be enrolled under RSBY are not eligible for coverage under BKKY Stream-I.
- Under BKKY Stream II: Coverage for meeting expenses of hospitalization for medical
and/or surgical procedures to the enrolled families for up to 70,000/- per family per
year on a floater basis, subject to limits, in any of the empanelled Critical Care Providers
across Odisha and outside.