Bijnor Master Plan 2011 has been created for Bijnor District. Bijnor district is one of the districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India. Bijnor city is the district headquarters. The Uttar Pradesh Government wants Bijnor to be included under National Capital Region (NCR) due to its close distance from Delhi. Bijnor occupies the north-west corner of the Moradabad Division and is a roughly triangular stretch of country with its apex to the north. The western boundary is formed throughout by the deep stream of the river Ganges, beyond which lie the four districts of Dehradun, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Meerut, all belonging to the Meerut Division. The latitude of Bijnor is 29.372442 and the longitude is 78.135849. It is located between the 29° 22′ 20.7912” N and 78° 8′ 9.0564” E.
Vision Bijnor Master Plan 2011
The objective of the Bijnor Master Plan 2011 is to create enabling spatial and land use planning framework to achieve the Vision of Bijnor Master Plan 2011. The future growth and development of the urban centers is defined by the Master Plan/Development Plans which are evolved for each settlement at individual level. Bijnor Master Plan 2011 has been considered as one of the most effective mechanism to promote planned growth of the urban centers. It lays down the road map, agenda and framework within which the city growth is envisioned. It provides a tool for the authorities to take decision with regard to current and future development related issues.
Bijnor Master Plan 2011 provides the framework for rationalizing the orderly movement of traffic and transportation within the city and defines the area for laying down network of various services. The plan is used for promoting integrated development of the urban centre by rationalizing its pattern of land use and their inter-relationship. It also defines the strategies and solutions for overcoming the existing problems of the urban centers and to overcome its infrastructural and service related inadequacies. In addition, it provides options for accommodating the future addition to population which is likely to come to the urban centre due to natural growth and migration. Master Plan acts as a tool for determining the infrastructure cost which would be required to make the city sustainable. The plans offer futuristic solutions by laying down agenda for its growth and development.
Objectives of Bijnor Master Plan 2011
More specifically following are the objectives:
- To make Bijnor District as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To make land allocation in an environmentally benign fashion.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the town and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities.
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for petroleum, chemical & petrochemical investment region and agro based industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the city.
- To identify man-made and natural heritage and to make heritage conservation as integral part of the city planning and development process.
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources environmental, economic and social.
- Ensure a conducive environment to work.
- Introduce a total business environment.