Baghapurana Master Plan 2031 has been prepared for Baghapurana. Baghapurana is the second largest town of district Moga and is an important commercial centre of this area. It is situated in the south – western part of Punjab in Malwa region of the State which is known as Cotton belt of this State. Baghapurana is located at a distance of about 18 kms from Moga and about 30 kms from Kotkapura. It is connected with Moga in north east and Kotkapura in south-west by State Highway.
The road connecting Baghapurana with Bhagata Bhai town of district Bathinda has also recently updated to State highway. Another major district road passes through the town connecting Nihal Singh Wala in South, and Mudhki in North. LPA Baghapurana extends from 30°-37′-18”N to 30°-46′-34”N latitude and 75°-11′-42”E to 75°-11′-40”E longitude.
LPA Baghapurana is located in Malwa Region of southern parts of Punjab. It extends from 30°-37′-18”N to 30°-46′-34”N latitude and 75°-11′-42”E to 75°-11′-40”E longitude. Its hinterland is fertile and rich agricultural land. It is connected with Moga in north east and Kotkapura in south-west by State Highway. The road connecting Baghapurana with Bhagata Bhai town of district Bathinda has also recently been upgraded to State highway. Another major district road passes through the town connecting Nihal Singh Wala in South and Mudki in North, however there is no railway connectivity to the area.
Baghapurana Master Plan 2031 LPA
Baghapurana with its population of 21596 as per 2001 Census is the second largest town of district Moga and is an important commercial centre of this area. Government of Punjab declared the Baghapurana, Local Planning Area (LPA Baghapurana) in May,2010 and subsequently the Government also designated the Chief Town Planner, Punjab as the Planning agency to prepare the Master Plan of LPA, Baghapurana. The LPA Baghapurana comprises one town Baghapurana and 27 villages. The total area of LPA Baghapurana is 323.22 sq.kms.out of which 11.38 sq.kms is municipal area and the remaining is rural. According to census 2001 the population of LPA Baghapurana was 124972 persons.
The process of preparation of Master Plan of Local Planning Area Baghapurana was started with the delineation of Local Planning Area of Baghapurana. The Local Planning Area (LPA) Baghapurana was notified under section 56 (1) of “The Punjab Regional and Town Planning and Development (Amendment) Act” 2006 in the official gazette wide notification no.12/1/10-4HG1/1431 dated 20/5/2010 (refer Annexure- 1). As per this notification LPA Baghapurana includes Municipal Council of Baghapurana and 26 villages. All of these villages fall within the administrative boundaries of District Moga. The total Area of LPA Baghapurana works to be 32322 Hectares as per revenue records. The details of areas and population etc. of LPA Baghapurana are given in Annexure-1.The Government designated the Chief Town Planner, Punjab as the Planning Agency to prepare Master Plan of LPA Baghapurana (Refer Annexure-2).
Vision Baghapurana Master Plan 2031
To project Baghapurana as a hub of agro-based industries and storage centre for agricultural produce by providing high quality physical and social infrastructure to its citizens in an inclusive and environmentally sustainable manner.
- A place where business can thrive;
- A place where people can enjoy themselves;
- An attractive shopping environment; and
- An environment where people want to live.
The objective of the Baghapurana Master Plan 2031 is to create enabling spatial and Land Use Planning framework to achieve the Vision of LPA Baghapurana. More specifically following are the objectives.
- To make Baghapurana town as the most vibrant economic centre to promote the balanced regional growth.
- To minimize haphazard, unplanned, and sub-standard growth and development of the city and to achieve planned growth to create healthy environment.
- To effectively manage the traffic and transportation within the town through the mechanism of rationalizing the land use pattern defined in the Master Plan.
- To make land available for public purposes.
- To minimize travel within the town by creating self contained and self sufficient communities
- Adequate parking spaces to be created in the town as an integral part of commercial, industrial, and institutional planning and development process.
- To strengthen the basic infrastructure favorable for agro based Industries.
- To rationalize the distribution of physical and social infrastructure in order to ensure appropriate quality of life to all the residents of the town.