About APIIC Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation)
APIIC Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation) was established in the year 1973 for identifying and developing potential growth centres in the State fully equipped with developed plots/sheds, roads, drainage, water, power and other infrastructural facilities; providing social infrastructure, like housing for workers near industrial zones; coordinating with the agencies concerned for providing communication, transport and other facilities. The Corporation also has active projects in the Public-Private Partnership Mode. It is an Andhra Pradesh Government initiative for providing infrastructure through development of industrial areas.
Objectives of APIIC Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation)
- To formulate, promote, finance, aid, assist, establish, manage and control schemes, projects or programmers, to provide and develop infrastructure facilities, including factory sites, factory sheds, godowns, marketing facilities, warehouses facilities of communications, power, water drainage, housing, hospitals and other medical and health and educational institutions and other services of any description in order to promote and assist the rapid and orderly establishment, growth and development of industries and commerce in the State o Andhra Pradesh.
- To aid, assist, promote and finance industries set up in the factory sheds constructed or factory sites developed by the Company, whether owned or run by Government, statutory body, co-operatives, company, firm or individual or others and to provide them with capita, credit, means and resources for the prosecution of their work and business and to enable them to develop and improve their management, production and marketing techniques.
- To implement schemes of incentives (financial and otherwise), subsidies and the like formulated by the Government of Andhra Pradesh, Government of India or other authorities or institutions and to administer such schemes in incentives as may be devised by the company from time to time in the interest of the establishment and development of industries and commerce in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- To carry on the business of hire purchase in, or to enter into hire purchase agreements with respect to the purchase and sole of, any goods, plant and machinery, tools and implements as aforesaid with any person, association, society or other body corporate on such terms and conditions as may be lawful.
- To promote, establish, improve, develop, administer, own and run Tools Rooms, Pattern Shops Service Shops, Repair Shops or Work Shops to maintain, repair, refine, manipulate, alter or improve any plant, machinery, implements, accessories, appliances, apparatus, tools, goods or things of any description capable of being used by any customer of or person having dealings with the Company, or commonly dealt in by persons engages in any such business which may seem capable of being profitably dealt with by the Company and to manufacture, import, export, buy sell or otherwise deal in workshop machinery of all kinds.
- To undertake such other activities, industrial, commercial or financial, this will create conditions conducive to the growth of industries in the State of Andhra Pradesh.