About AIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Development Corporation)
AIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Development Corporation) has been incorporated in the year 1965 and it has been registered under the Companies Act. 1956. Assam Industrial Development Corporation Limited has been striving towards creating high standard industrial infrastructure in Assam for the growth and development of industries in the State.
Vision of AIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Development Corporation)
“Enriching the state of Assam through a vibrant and sustained industrial growth”.
Mission of AIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Development Corporation)
“Facilitating the continuous and speedy industrial growth through optimal utilization of available resources”.
Objectives of AIDC Assam (Assam Industrial Development Corporation)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, AIDC Assam operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.