About ADA Amritsar (Amritsar Development Authority)
ADA Amritsar (Amritsar Development Authority) constituted under the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Act, 1995 was notified by the Punjab Government and has been made functional from July 16, 2007. ADA Amritsar has been constituted for the execution of plans and programmes under the Act so as to work under the direction of the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Board.
The Authority has been empowered to acquire, hold and disposal of both movable and immovable property. For speedy Planning, Development and Regulation of Urban Estates of Amritsar city, Punjab Government constituted ADA Amritsar vide below Notification: 13/31/07-1HG2/5384. The Punjab Government is of the opinion that the object of proper development and redevelopment of the areas in and around Amritsar city will be served by entrusting the work of development and re-development by a Special Authority.
Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29(I) of the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Act, 1995 (Punjab Act No.11 of 1995), the Governor of Punjab is pleased to constitute establishment of the Amritsar Development Authority (ADA) for different areas in Amritsar City as defined in the annexed Drawings No. DTP (ASR) 434/07, dated April 3, 2007.
The broad scope of functionality of this Authority falls outside the Municipal Corporation limits. Within the MC limits, the Authority has a mandate to design, develop, re-structure and beautify those urban estates, which have not been handed over to MCA. The Authority is also responsible for overall maintenance and development of commercial pockets within the urban estates already handed over to MCA.
Objectives of ADA Amritsar (Amritsar Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, ADA Amritsar operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.