About ADA Aligarh (Aligarh Development Authority)
ADA Aligarh (Aligarh Development Authority) has been setup to provide acquisition of land and management for Housing and Urban Development of the area. Aligarh is situated in the western part of Uttar Pradesh and is a very important education and commercial hub of India. It is a vibrant centre of Culture, Art and Religious philosophies that have enriched mankind and shaped human thought over centuries.
Aligarh is also famous as a center for various movements that have helped in reshaping India with the start of the Mohammedan Anglo Oriental College by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan in 1875. This College is today known as Aligarh Muslim University and is famous worldwide. Aligarh is famous for Lock making.
Objectives of ADA Aligarh (Aligarh Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, ADA Aligarh operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.