About ADA Agra (Agra Development Authority)
ADA Agra (Agra Development Authority) was constituted by U.P. Govt. on 13th Sep. 1974 under Uttar Pradesh Nagar Planning & Development Act 1973.The first Master plan for Agra City was approved by the Govt. in July 1975. Various residential and commercial schemes namely KALINDI VIHAR, SANJAY PLACE, TAJ NAGRI, ADA HEIGHTS, SHASTRIPURAM etc. were developed in a systematic and planned manner by ADA Agra.
Agra is the one of the prominent destinations of the World Tourism map with three heritage monuments – The Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri & Red Fort. It is a vibrant centre of Culture, Art and Religious philosophies that have enriched mankind and shaped human thought over centuries. Agra is famous for handicrafts products such as Inlay work on Marvel, Leather work, Footwear, Brassware, Carpets, Jewellery, Zari and Embroidery work. The Taj Mahal is one of the world’s most recognizable and evocative sights and a visit here does not disappoint. Set overlooking the River Yamuna, visible from Agra Fort in the West. The housing problem is always faced by the humans. To resolve the problem , Development Authorities were constituted by State Government with the aim to provide houses at appropriate rates.
Objectives of ADA Agra (Agra Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, ADA Agra operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.