About WBHB West Bengal (West Bengal Housing Board)
WBHB West Bengal (West Bengal Housing Board) was established under the Act XXXII, 1972 by the Government of West Bengal. W.B.H.B. is under the administrative control of the Housing Department, Government of West Bengal and an autonomous body, started its operation from 1973 and has been able to construct nearing 35000 numbers of dwelling units to various categories of people scattered all over the State of West Bengal. To provide affordable housing is major challenge. The new Government in the state has given due attention for development in this sector and transparent functioning. The aim is to initiate the development of new Houses and Flats in the State. The Flats constructed by the board are allotted to the people of West Bengal through a lottery system.
Objectives of WBHB West Bengal (West Bengal Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, WBHB West Bengal operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.
Contact Details & More Information for WBHB West Bengal (West Bengal Housing Board)
West Bengal Housing Board
Address: 105, S.N. Banerjee Road, New Market Area, Dharmatala, Taltala, Kolkata, West Bengal-700013.
Phone No: 033–22651965/ 22641967
Fax No: 033-22641480/ 22640979
Email Address: email@example.com