About Varanasi Development Authority (VDA Varanasi)
VDA Varanasi is a nodal agency responsible for Varanasi Region. Varanasi is one of the oldest living cities in the world. Varanasi`s Prominence in Hindu mythology is virtually unrevealed. The first Mahayojana of Varanasi Nagar was first created in the year 1948 for the Improvement Trust boundary, with the first Princpal Mr Dudley Tragedade.
On December 1, 1948, the Varanasi Regulated Zone was announced and according to the directions of the Government, the Department of Town and Country Planning Department the Mahayojana was prepared and approved by Government in October 1973.
Varanasi Development Area was established in August 1974. According to the Resolution No. 3 of the date dated 16 December 1974, the Authority approved the government’s sanctioned plan work of development control was done from Varanasi Development Authority and from the year 1974.
Objectives of Varanasi Development Authority (VDA Varanasi)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, VDA Varanasi operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.