About UPHDB Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board)
UPHDB Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board) was established in the year 1965.
Vision of UPHDB Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board)
“UPHDB shall strive its best to ensure affordable housing in environmentally invigorating habitats with inclusive facilities especially for the economically weaker section, low and middle income groups and competitive price options for the other sections of the society”.
Mission of UPHDB Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board)
- To plan and develop state of art townships at affordable price to all sections of the society.
- To develop such townships with inclusive facilities which include modern amenities, community services, hospitals, educational institutes, neighborhood parks and playgrounds.
- To plan and develop centres of excellence at strategic locations across the state.
- To ensure utmost quality in all works including the works assigned as deposit works by other organizations.
- To sustain the land bank each year equal to the land developed in the previous year.
- To encompass newer technologies in construction works with price affordability.
- To facilitate public private partnership (PPP) to cater to the housing needs of the society in time.
- To ensure prudent financial results with appropriate accounting principles.
- To maintain and sustain a user friendly dedicated website with online facilities for the intended services.
- To maintain an effective public grievance redressal mechanism and set standards by adhering to timeframe and schedules.
- To impart quality training, capacity building and skill up-gradation for the employees of the organization.
- To promote innovative ideas and pioneering initiatives in the functioning of the system.
- To improve working conditions favorable for the employees and clientele as well. To be successful as a total quality organization.
Objectives of UPHDB Uttar Pradesh (Uttar Pradesh Housing & Development Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, UPHDB Uttar Pradesh operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.