Udaan Scheme Special Industry Initiative (SII) for J&K Benefits & Details
Udaan Scheme is a Special Industry Initiative for Jammu & Kashmir in the nature of partnership between the corporate of India and Ministry of Home Affairs and implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The program aims to provide skills training and enhance the employability of unemployed youth of J&K.
- The Scheme is known as Special Industry Initiative for J&K christened as SII, J&K and is titled as ‘Udaan’.
- The scheme is extended to only the State of Jammu & Kashmir which has commenced into operation from 07.11.2011.
Objectives of Udaan Scheme
The Scheme covers graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders. It has two objectives:
- To provide an exposure to the unemployed graduates to the best of Corporate India;
- To provide Corporate India, an exposure to the rich talent pool available in the State.
Eligibility Criteria for Udaan Scheme
A person shall be qualified for being appointed as a trainee under Udaan if he or she is
- Resident of the State of Jammu and Kashmir
- More than 18 years of age and less than 40 years of age on the date of selection,
- A graduate, post-graduate, professional degree holder or a three year engineering diploma holder or student in the final year of graduation
- Unemployed on the date of joining
Aim of Udaan Scheme
Following targets have been set:-
- Physical: The Scheme aims to cover 40,000 youth of J&K over a period of five years.
- Financial: 750.00 crore has been earmarked for implementation of the scheme over a period of five years.
Period of Training and Skill Up-gradation
- It shall be for a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months depending upon the profile and requirement of the corporate engaged for the purpose.
- The duration may be increased to nine months by Project Approval Committee (PAC) on a request of the corporate.
Location of Training
- The training will invariably be conducted outside the State of J&K.
- Based on the requirement and request of the corporate on the recommendations of PEC and IA, PAC may allow the training within the State of J&K from case to case basis.
Udaan trainees will be paid minimum Rs 2500/- per month as stipend during the training period. The corporate may supplement the amount as per their policy.
Placement under Udaan Scheme
- During or after the completion of the training, the trainee may be interviewed for placement by Corporate, through placement agency or by organizing job fair.
- In case of successful placement, IA will reimburse Rs. 50,000 to the corporate provided it offers the job to the trainee (within or outside the company) for at least 90 days after successful completion of training. However the employment must happen within 6 months of the completion of training.
- The corporate will endeavor to keep track of the students after completion of training.
- In case of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), the candidates will be eligible for appointment as per the rules and policy governing recruitment in the PSUs.