About TUDA Tirupati (Tirupati Urban Development Authority)
TUDA Tirupati (Tirupati Urban Development Authority) is a government agency and the principal planning authority for Tirupati and its neighborhood areas in Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It was constituted on 6th November 1981 under the provisions of A.P.Urban Areas (Development) Act, 1975. The jurisdiction of TUDA extends over an area of 1211.51 square kilometers which covers Tirupati, Tirumala, Renigunta, Chandragiri, Sri Kalahasti, Puttur and 160 surrounding villages.
The principal objective of the Authority is to promote and secure the development of all or any of the areas situated in the Tirupati Development Area according to plan and for that purpose it has the authority to acquire, hold, manage, plan, develop and dispose of land and other property, to carry out by or on its behalf, building and other operations, execute works, and to do anything necessary or expedient for purposes incidental thereto.
Functions of TUDA Tirupati (Tirupati Urban Development Authority)
- Regulation and Control: Regulate the use of land by any person or body in conformity with the Master Plan/Zonal Development Plan by way of granting No Objection Certificate, layout approvals, and building permissions with control powers to impose compounding fees for contravention and to order stopping and/or demolition of unauthorized use or construction.
- Development: Acquisition of private lands or alienation of Government lands for development purposes like redevelopment, shifting of commercial and wholesale activities from the core city, circulation, new commercial centers, Development of ring/suburban towns and urban nodes, industrial parks, recreational centers etc.
- Coordination: Supervising and coordinating with the local bodies and other Government agencies for the provision and maintenance of civic and other amenities.
Objectives of TUDA Tirupati (Tirupati Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, TUDA Tirupati operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.