Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna Eligibility Criteria SSY Scheme
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme for girl child, launched as a part of the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ campaign. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana eligibility criteria.
- The Account may be opened by the guardian in the name of the beneficiary who has not attained the age of 10 years as on date of opening the Account. Provided that nothing in these rules shall affect a beneficiary born on or after the 2nd Dec 2003 whose account was opened on or before the 2nd Dec 2015.
- Every beneficiary shall have a single account under these rules.
- An applicant for opening of an account in the Post Office or the Bank under these rules shall be accompanied with the birth certificate of the beneficiary in whose name the account is to be opened along with other documents relating to identity and residence proof of the Guardian.
- An Account under these rules shall be opened for a maximum of two girl children in one family. Natural or legal guardian of a girl child can be allowed to open the account for two girl children only. The third account in the name of the girl child can be opened in the event of birth of twin girls, as second birth or if the first birth itself results into three girl children.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, SSY Scheme Deposits
- The Account may be opened with a minimum initial deposit of one thousand rupees and thereafter any amount in multiples of one hundred rupees may be deposited in an Account subject to the condition that a minimum of one thousand rupees shall be made as deposit in a financial year in one Account.
- The total money deposited in an Account shall not exceed One Lakh Fifty Thousand rupees in a financial year. Provided that the deposit in excess of one lakh fifty thousand rupees if accepted due to any error is not eligible for any interest, excess amount can be withdrawn anytime by the depositor.
- Deposits may be made till the completion of 15 years from the date of opening Account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, SSY Scheme Withdrawal Eligibility
- Withdrawal of upto 50% of the balance in the Account at the end of the financial year preceding the year of application for withdrawal, shall be allowed for the purpose of Higher Education of the Account holder unless she attains the age of 18 years or passed 10th Standard.
Other Related Articles