About SDA Sambalpur (Sambalpur Development Authority)
SDA Sambalpur (Sambalpur Development Authority) was constituted on 02.10.1995 vide H & UD department Notification No.30964/HUD., dt.15.09.1995 u/s 3 of ODA Act. 1982. The Sambalpur Development Authority area comprises of 3 towns namely Sambalpur, Burla & Hirakud and 95 adjoining revenue villages extended over 488.75 square kilometers.
Since, its inception, the Sambalpur Development Authority is ensuring all-round plan and systematic development of development plan area. As per the objective and preamble and its responsibility the SDA have taken up number of social housing and commercial scheme for the general citizen of Sambalpur and have ensured plan development in accordance with the Master Plan of Sambalpur-Burla-Hirakud currently in force.
Objectives of SDA Sambalpur (Sambalpur Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, SDA Sambalpur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.