About RCUDA Ramanagara Channapatna (Ramanagara Channapatna Urban Development Authority)
RCUDA Ramanagara Channapatna (Ramanagara Channapatna Urban Development Authority) is a nodal agency responsible for Ramanagara Channapatna Region. Ramanagara Channapatna Urban Development Authority was constituted as per Government Order No.HUD:380: TTP: 95(1): dated 30th November 1995. Ramanagara is a town and a city municipal council in the Indian state of Karnataka.
It is also the headquarters of Ramanagara district. The town was known as Shamserabad at the ruling time of Tippu Sultan. It was then called Closepet, after Sir Barry Close (1756–1813) in Pre-Independence times. This name is retained in geology. Then Closepet was called as Ramanagara. Channapatna is a city town and taluka headquarter in Ramanagara district in the Indian State of Karnataka.
Objectives of RCUDA Ramanagara Channapatna (Ramanagara Channapatna Urban Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, RCUDA Ramanagara Channapatna operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.