Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Pariyojana Guidelines for Opening Jan Aushadhi Kendra – NGOs Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana For NGOs, Charitable Institutions/Hospitals, Private Hospitals, Trusts, Societies, Self Help Groups etc
The branded (Generic) medicines are sold at significantly higher prices than their unbranded generic equivalents, though are identical in the therapeutic value. Given the widespread poverty across the country, making available reasonably priced quality generic medicines in the market would benefit everyone. With this objective, the Pharma Advisory Forum in its meeting held on 23rd April, 2008, decided to launch the Jan Aushadhi Campaign – starting with the sale of generic medicines through dedicated sales outlets called Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra (PMBJK) in various districts of the country. It is proposed that at least one PMBJK will be opened in each of the 630 districts of the country to be extended to sub-divisional levels as well as major towns and village centers.
Eligibility Criteria to open NGOs Jan Aushadhi Kendra
NGO, Charitable Institutions/Hospitals, Reputed professional bodies/organizations, Private Hospitals, Trusts, Societies, Self Help Groups etc are eligible to open new Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Requirements for opening Jan Aushadhi Kendra
- Own space or hired space (Minimum 120 sq feet) duly supported by ownership, proper lease agreement or space allotment letter.
- Proof of securing a pharmacist with name, Registration with the State Council etc. (or it can be submitted at the time of final approval of PMBJK)
- Financial capacity to run the Store supported by Valid document or affidavit for having good financial condition and ready to invest to run Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra smoothly as per requirements.
Terms & Conditions for Operating NGOs Jan Aushadhi Kendra
- Applicant will enter into agreement before commencing operations of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra”. All operations of Jan Aushadhi Store will be conducted as per agreement terms and conditions.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to obtain drug license in the name of “Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra” and other permissions to run a drug store. Compliance to all statutory requirements for storage of drugs shall be ensured by the applicant.
- Applicant will use the premises solely for the purpose for which it has been allotted and for no other purpose and shall not part with the premises, sub-let the premises to anyone directly or indirectly.
- All billings should be done using software provided by BPPI. No medicine can be sold in PMBJK without using the software provided by BPPI.
- PMBJK operators will be allowed to sell allied medical products, commonly sold in chemist shops. NGO’s/Charitable institutions/Reputed professional bodies/organizations will be allowed to sell generic medicines which are not included in the list of medicines supplied by BPPI with prior information and approval of BPPI
- BPPI’s Distributor will take back Expiry/Breakage to the maximum extent or upto 2% of the total purchase value by PMBJK.
- Credit period of 30 days will give from date of receipt of medicines by JAS but postdated cheque will be required to given by JAS in advance against goods supplied. Detailed terms and conditions are given in draft agreement attached and may be referred by applicant.