Pakur Master Plan 2040 has been created for Pakur. Pakur is the district headquarters of Pakur District of the state of Jharkhand, India. It is governed by Nagar Parishad. It is located in the north east corner of Jharkhand State at 23°40′ to 25°18′ North Latitude and 86°25′ to 87°57′ East Longitude. Pakur district is located in the eastern part of the state. The District of Pakur is bordered by Sahibganj district in North, Dumka district in South, Godda district in West and Murshidabad and Birbhum districts (of the West Bengal) in the East. The district covers an area of 1,811 km² and has a population of 900,422 as of Census 2011. The economy of the district is mainly dependent on the primary sector.
Vision of Pakur Master Plan 2040
The vision statement for the development of any place/region becomes very much important since it helps in visualization of where and how one wants the city to be in the coming years. It should be carefully carved out and should encompass the aspirations of its local people and various other stakeholders involved directly or indirectly in the development process. The Master Plan for the Pakur Area has evolved from a comprehensive understanding of the existing situation, land utilization pattern, land suitability& potential analysis, and population projections carried out for the area. The process so far has involved an exploration of several alternatives, for each of which, certain principles, laid down with a view to achieving the vision for the project area, have been primary guiding factors. While the conceptual studies may differ in their design, the approach and underlying concerns, as briefly stated below, are the same.
Objective of Pakur Master Plan 2040
The vision perceived is further enumerated in the following specific development objectives:
- To develop Pakur area as a ‘Small and medium scale enterprise hub
- To strengthen the economic base and generate adequate employment opportunities through proper utilization of available resources
- To conserve existing environmentally sensitive areas and other natural Features
- To provide state-of-the-art infrastructure and social facilities so as to enhance the quality of life of the local people
- To create effective implementation strategies that promotes equitable & inclusive development