About OSHB Cuttack (Odisha State Housing Board)
OSHB Cuttack (Odisha State Housing Board) came into existence w.e.f. 05.07.1968 vide Notification No.8199-H-21/68 dated 04.07.1968 by an Act of the State Legislature. The prime objective of the Board is to provide an affordable accommodation in both in urban and semi-Urban areas in order to alleviate an acute shortage of housing in the state. The Mission of Odisha State Housing Board is to provide affordable houses to all categories of people. The vision of Odisha State Housing Board is to:
- Meet the growing demand of housing throughout the State of Orissa.
- Associate with Government in H&UD Department in the mission “Houses for All” making Orissa Slum free.
- Providing consultancy on Turn-key basis to other organization as per their requirements relating to Engineering, Management and Finance.
- Providing built of spaces for facilitating upcoming commercial growth of the State.
- Helping in the process of rapid urbanization by taking up projects in large areas.
- Maintain the Environmental Balance intact despite urbanization promoting Green House Concept.
Objectives of OSHB Cuttack (Odisha State Housing Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, OSHB Cuttack operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.