About NRDA Naya Raipur (Naya Raipur Development Authority)
NRDA Naya Raipur (Naya Raipur Development Authority) is the nodal agency for comprehensive development of this Greenfield City. Naya Raipur Development Authority (NRDA) is a special area development authority constituted under Chhattisgarh Nagar Tatha Gram Nivesh Adhiniyam, 1973. NRDA is develops infrastructure, implements utility and social projects through various procurement methods such as Public Private Partnership framework, Engineering procurement contracts Percent Rate/ Item Rate/ lump sum contract etc, depending on the nature of projects. Naya Raipur is the new capital city of Chhattisgarh, a state in Central India. Naya Raipur is located between National Highways NH-6 and NH-43, about 17 km south-east of the current capital Raipur; Swami Vivekananda Airport separates the old and new cities. Naya Raipur is serving as the administrative capital of the State and also caters to the infrastructural needs of industry and trade in the region. Naya Raipur is surrounded by the cities of Raipur, Arang, Mahasamund, Rajim and Abhanpur.
Objectives of NRDA Naya Raipur (Naya Raipur Development Authority)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Naya Raipur Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, NRDA Naya Raipur operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.