About NHADB Nashik (Nashik Housing & Area Development Board)
NHADB Nashik (Nashik Housing & Area Development Board) was established on 23rd August 1992 as per the provisions in section 18 of the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Act, 1976. The Board is functioning with its Regional Head Quarters at Nashik having territorial jurisdiction over 5 Districts of Nashik Division namely: Nashik, Ahmednagar, Dhule, Nandurbar and Jalgaon. The Board is functioning under superintendence and control of the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority, Mumbai.
Objectives of NHADB Nashik (Nashik Housing & Area Development Board)
- Carrying out integrated planning and physical development of declared urban areas.
- Formulating and submitting development plans, including capital investment plans.
- Undertaking the execution of development projects and schemes.
- Formulating and implementing urban land use policy.
- Developing environmental standards and preparing schemes for the environmental improvement of urban areas.
- Providing technical planning services.
- Preparation and implementation of regional Plans, Master plans, New township Plans and Town Improvement Schemes.
- Promoting research and development of new techniques in City planning, Urban Development and Housing Construction.
- To promote and secure better planning and development of the state.
In order to achieve its objectives, NHADB Nashik operational frame work and area of focus revolves around:
- Creating affordable housing using environment-friendly building materials and cost-effective building technologies.
- Creating self-contained and self-sustaining residential complexes in the shape of Urban Estate/Integrated Townships.
- Undertaking projects which focus on promoting urban development, developing commercial complexes, creating state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Optimum utilization of vacant government lands to generate additional resources for the State government for financing city redevelopment, regeneration and other infrastructural development.
- Create ethos of conversation to enhance overall development in the state.