Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027 has been created for Muzaffarpur. Muzaffarpur Municipal Corporation (MMC) is the district administrative center of Muzaffarpur District in Bihar. The total area under the jurisdiction of Muzaffarpur Municipal Corporation is about 26.68 Km2. Muzaffarpur city has experienced rapid population growth during the last four decades from 54139 in the year 1951 to 305,525 in 2001 and 351607 in 2011 as per provisional census figures.
The strategic location and rich agricultural activity in the region makes Muzaffarpur city the major trading center and appropriate to be developed as an agro-based industrial city. The Work Force Participation Rate (WFPR) of Muzaffarpur Municipal Corporation of 25% is less than the National, State and District Averages.
Vision of Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027
The Vision of Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027 is developed in a participatory process through series of consultations with stakeholders and two workshops conducted to finalize the vision. During these interactions, there was unity of opinion that the city offers a core asset and ‘specialty’ which should be preserved and utilized to the city’s benefit.
The Vision of the Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027 is formulated for the next twenty years (2030) after considering and analyzing the strengths, interests, current issues, problems and the future focus areas to achieve the desired results. The overarching objectives or vision achieved after the entire exercise are to make Muzaffarpur an economically vibrant and sustainable city. Considering the significance of Muzaffarpur city as:
- Highest Producer of agro-based Products
- Strategic location
- Strong Connectivity
The vision of Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027 is to develop the city as:
“Vibrant city with Agro-based Industrial development”
Growth Strategies of Muzaffarpur Master Plan 2027
- To assure adequate and equitable water supply daily and for reasonable length of time.
- To provide citywide coverage of sewerage and sanitation system to make it environmentally safe.
- To establish an effective rain water collection system thereby reducing mixing of rain and sullage water and reducing the incidence of water logging during monsoons.
- To establish and maintain an effective and sustainable waste management practice in the city.
- To improve the condition of roads and provide adequate, safe and user friendly public transportation in Muzaffarpur.
- Service provision and universal access to all basic urban services at an affordable cost.