Manipur Chief Minister Launches Health Assurance Scheme CMHT
Manipur Chief Minister launched Chief Minister-gi Hakshelgi Tengbang (CMHT), a pioneering health assurance scheme for the poor and disabled people. The chief minister launched the CMHT along with 10 advanced life support ambulances as a gift of Statehood Day to the people of Manipur at a function at Khuman Lampak Indoor Stadium here, said a government press release. Speaking at the occasion, he said CMHT was a dream-scheme of his government.
- CMHT will provide cashless treatment to the poor at government hospitals, health centres and other empanelled selected private hospitals.
- The scheme will provide cover up to Rs 2 lakh per eligible family identified from the Socio Economic Caste Census (SECC) in the treatment of seven critical identified critical ailments: cardiovascular diseases, kidney ailments, neurological conditions, liver ailments, cancer, neonatal diseases and burns per year.
- The beneficiaries may get themselves enrolled for the scheme with the help of ASHA workers at the kiosks opened in nearby PHCs, CHCs and District Hospitals.
- The most special aspect of the scheme is its innovative features. Firstly, CMHT will have convergence with Government of India programme like PMÂ’s Jan Aushadhi Programme and Free Diagnostic Programme.
- Secondly, the scheme will be a truly IT platform driven scheme.
To mark the launch of the scheme, the Chief Minister and dignitaries distributed Health Cards for the scheme to some selected beneficiaries.
With the launching of this new scheme, government had been able to provide two most noble social security schemes to its people, another being the Chief Minister-gi Sotharabashing gi Tengbang (CMST) launched on December 3, 2017.
Jan Aushadhi Programme, free diagnosis programme and launching of 10 modern hi-tech life support ambulances are part of all these programmes.
Source Link- http://www.newindianexpress.com/